It could be called a big secret (or not) that part of my process is that the music is not always on when I film and then post something and then put music over it.
But there is a chance I am probably thinking about the song in my head anyway. (Or not, but sometimes. But that's why the videos in that series I think landed so naturally without me having to think about it with the songs, because I just chose the songs that I have been listening to a lot anyway even though there was no music on while I was doing staff flow, and my body carried on rhythm from those songs in ways appropriate to the song. Not necessarily always all in beat, but often kind of dividing themselves without me adjusting the pacing of the video at all. I did end up stitching together some videos and so yeah that's why it would stay on or whatever in some parts. And the thing with Flo is it has a regular rhythm enough. You can almost have two things going at the same time. So that gives an advantage. But in terms of the ways that I speed up and slow down, music and dance, therefore for me also flow Arts, will repeat certain motifs. That's making me capable of putting together dance videos to songs I haven't even picked yet. And I will be continuing to use some editing from now if I want to do that more freely. Because before I just straight up post the whole video put a song on and that's it. And I love that too. I'm sure I will be doing more of that as well. But for other videos, that is part of the magic of flow Arts for me. I'm listening to the music in my head often times, nearly always in some periods of life as I go through life, and it simply comes out in the way I move when it's time for me to be absorbed in the feeling.
No, I would not do that in a fight. Adrenaline would kick in and there would be no consideration of such a thing lol even *if* I became delusional and idiotic.
Nobody starts dancing in the middle of a fight.
Fight is about survival.
And that is interestingly exactly how I arrived at this hobby.
“Swords into ploughshares”.
Because I did pick up a stick in a time before. Never did have the circumstances fortunately to fight with one. That would ould have gone badly.
But yes. To help me with real training for real fighting. War.
War and peace is a recurring theme for this reason, in my art. Physical flow style or otherwise.
And that is why my bio is what it is. And even the name referring to a reed is kind t as juxtaposition but about something beautiful I've had to be taught, the be more of a green reed that bends in the wind and recognizing or seeing it at stronger than the mighty oak that breaks in a storm.
I need to be able to bend, while I let myself move and be. And that was a very terrifying thing to do walking out of the situation I just did. I was very scared; but the one thing I am grateful to my ex for if that he put me in such a do or die that the fact I am making choice became such an obvious thing it worked just fine for my otherwise very gray thinking, because it told me exactly what to do without questioning myself after a point eventually. (Ironic, isn't it?)
You have to choose.
No comments:
Post a Comment